Bike SA is busy gearing up for this year’s Annual Tour, which is one of the biggest events on its annual calendar, and registrations for the event are now open.
The tour runs between September and October each year, and alternates between different regions across South Australia.
This year’s event will be held in Coorong and the Lower Lakes region of the Murray River, near Murray Bridge, from October 14-22.
The eight-day ride will be entirely on sealed roads, and with very modest distances on each day with no major hill climbs, the event will be suitable for riders of all capabilities.
“Starting and finishing on the banks of the mighty Murray River, this year’s Annual Tour will kick off with delicious food and wine, gorgeous countryside, open skies and a mix of landscapes,” describes Bike SA on its website.
“There are open plains, rolling hills and scenic wetlands that support a multitude of birds and wildlife. River flood plains and vineyards give way to agricultural land and the vast waterways of Lake Alexandrina and the upper Coorong.”
Highlights of this year’s Annual Tour include:
- Start and finish the tour in the riverside town of Murray Bridge.
- Visit the renowned wine region of Langhorne Creek and savor a tasty drop or two.
- Experience the tranquil beauty of the Coorong on a 3 hour cruise on the Spirit of the Coorong.
- Visit the small Aboriginal community of Raukkan- the traditional home to the Ngarrindjeri people, on the shores of Lake Alexandrina.
- Enjoy the unique food and wine produce of the Coorong and Fleurieu region including locally sourced seafood, lamb and beef.
- A special finale with an overnight stay at Monarto Zoo open-range zoological park.
The event will be capped to 200 riders, and Bike SA is encouraging all riders who are interested to register as soon as possible.
To register for the event, or to find out more, visit http://www.bikesa.asn.au/annualtour, phone Bike SA on 08 8168 9999, or visit them at 53 Carrington Street,
Adelaide, SA 5000.